- On-Demand Courses
How to Establish a Disaster Relief Network in Your City
If you’re a Church or Ministry Leader who is convinced your city needs a Disaster Relief Network, the 4-Day Intensive Training is for you and your team (2 minimum – 5 maximum people). The course provides instruction on building the initial Leadership Core Team, developing the network of churches, recruiting volunteers, strategies for delivering survivor care, training volunteers, and deploying to a disaster. Additionally, the Friday and Saturday before the course begins, you and your team will become certified in Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM), a nationally recognized crisis intervention technique.
Immerse yourself in four days full of instruction, conversation, and networking by disaster response professionals, ADRN’s leadership, and the comradery of other groups on the same journey as you. Interactive lectures, breakout sessions, and Q&A give every learner the opportunity to digest the content. to discuss and collaborate. Each session in the training challenges you and your team to examine your current city and begin preparing the next steps for launching your Disaster Relief Network when you return home.
Pre-requisite on-demand video training is required before attending the in-person 4-Day course. In addition to demonstrating a commitment to establishing the new Disaster Relief Network, the pre-requisite courses provide in-depth knowledge and language for disaster relief which will aid you and your team during the 4-day discussions.
In the 4-Day Intensive Course learn:
- The framework and command structure of a Disaster Relief Network before and during a disaster deployment.
- Techniques and strategies for building the network of churches and local businesses.
- Techniques and strategies for recruiting and training volunteers.
- Techniques and strategies in how to provide short- and long-term survivor care.
- Receive certification in the nationally-recognized CISM crisis intervention technique.
- How to deploy a team of trained CISM volunteers during a disaster response.
- How to operate and staff with volunteers at a Call Center during a disaster response.
- Next Steps for putting all the learning into action.
Training workbook with notes and insight from the 4-Day course, in addition to supporting documents that will assist you in launching a network.